Have you been considering using a staffing service but are still on the fence?
Utilizing a staffing agency allows you to concentrate on what you are best at, while leaving the heavy lifting related to hiring and HR to a company that specializes in just that. With almost $90 billion in annual revenue, the staffing industry employs about 3 million workers daily and has proven its value and staying power. Staffing companies play an important role in meeting the growing demand for skilled, qualified employees in the U.S. and allow companies of all sizes to scale to meet the demands of a growing company easier than ever before.
Here Are 6 Key Advantages of Using a Staffing Company to Fulfill your Hiring and HR Needs.
- Staffing agencies benefit businesses by saving Time: by reviewing hundreds of resumes, qualifying candidates, performing background checks, providing basic training, and even performing the entire on-boarding process and ongoing personnel management in some situations.
- Staffing agencies benefit businesses by saving them Money: by doing work a less-skilled in house would typically perform staffing agencies save you money by being more efficient and effective. They also make sure all candidates are hired and on-boarded properly to ensure you won’t be subject to fines or penalties by not keeping up with the latest labor laws.
- Staffing agencies benefit businesses by saving them the headaches: Managing payroll taxes, workers comp, and unemployment benefits is stressful for anyone, let alone someone that doesn’t specialize in doing these things every day. Passing these tasks off to professionals can save you a lot of stress, wasted time, and aspirin.
- Staffing agencies benefit businesses by saving them from spreading key personnel to thin: Companies that don’t employ in-house hiring managers rely on employees that need to keep their focus elsewhere for orientation, training, and new hire supervision. Using an agency specialized in hiring for your industry gets you better candidates,faster, and with a lot less hassle, all while preventing your current team from getting burned out with new hire overload.
Major advantages of using a staffing agency that are often overlooked:
- Employers are able to easily adjust the size of their workforce to meet demands. Rather than facing ongoing overhead from permanent employees, a staffing agency allows you to hire as needed, matching costs to revenue. Often, these workers become essential, permanent employees when it makes sense, so it’ really a win/win.
- Staffing agencies have already developed a broad network of candidates and connections. Staffing services have invested in building a pipeline of qualified candidates. And, they have already established lines of finding new candidates effectively. With all the hiring platforms, headhunters, and other competition out there for qualified candidates, you need an edge,and staffing agencies can provide that.
Q: Couldn’t I just have my HR representative handle our hiring?
A: You could, but they don’t have the same tools, networks, and pipelines an agency would have. And your HR representative most likely specializes in keeping your company in compliance when it comes to hiring, not in recruiting. Businesses that grow do so by focusing on what they do best. Focusing on what your company does best while allowing a company that specializes in hiring and onboarding to do what they do best is a good formula for dramatic growth.
Q: What happens when I no longer need the services of a temporary employee sourced through a staffing agency?
A: The advantage of using a staffing agency is that you have the ability to adjust your workforce as needed on demand. Most staffing service arrangements are simple and you can simply let them know you no longer need the temp employee’s services or tell them you want to hire that employee on a permanent basis, whatever makes the most sense you’re your business at the time. The staffing agency also takes the stress out of downsizing when needed as they handle that part of operations for you as well.